Welcome to the KAT Communication Protocol’s documentation!¶
KATCP is a simple ASCII communication protocol layered on top of TCP/IP.
It is developed as a part of the Karoo Array Telescope (KAT) project and used at KAT for the monitoring and control of hardware devices.
The protocol specification
is maintained as an internal memo. The latest version is Rev5.
- Release Notes
- Core API
- Low level client API (client)
- Concrete Intermediate-level KATCP Client API (inspecting_client)
- Abstract High-level KATCP Client API (resource)
- Concrete High-level KATCP Client API (resource_client)
- KATCP Server API (server)